It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 03:44

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 08:37 

Angelique: Marquise des Anges 2013 Film Review

The new Movie Angelique: Marquise des Anges from Ariel Zeitoun, a producer and occasional director from the stable of Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp.

Film Review by hollywoodreporter.com:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review ... ilm-667430

German Movie Poster:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 09:06 

Angélique (2013) - Trailer English Subs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6cFA0u5_Io

Gérard Lanvin as Joffrey de Peyrac.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2014, 12:55 

Making of Angelique Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaxrxmcnbuA

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2014, 11:55 

Angelique DVD with English Subtitels
.❀... (’). . (♥). ❀..(¯`♥´¯) ..❀... (’) .(♥) ..❀
.\ĺ/´.\ĺ/´..\ĺ⁄´ .\ĺ⁄´.`*.¸.*´...\ĺ⁄´ . \ĺ⁄ . \ĺ⁄´ . \ĺ/´

For the English-speaking members of our group, who would like to watch the new "Angelique" movie from 2013 with English subtitles.
Today I have found out that the Canadian Amazon is selling the DVD in a format, some of you wanted it watch (i.e. French original with English subtitles; a DVD which could be played in DVD recorders of all regions).
The DVD costs 19.99 CDN$.

Here's the link to the Canadian Amazon: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00K801 ... d_i=915398

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2015, 17:53 

Perfect fan video with the scenes from the movie :ok: :
the story goes exactly like the story in the book Angelique and her love - Angelique et son Amour....

I bet everybody who knows well that book will enjoy this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dodfwn7kxT8

The meeting in the tempest in La Rochelle, Angelique drinking coffee with Rescator :mask: , the arguing, bought of them thinking about the old memories........

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 20:26 
Chevalier
Chevalier

Some time ago I have watched the film "Angélique" by Ariel Zeitoun and must say that I liked it very, very much, more than I expected. Admittedly, the plot differed much from the book and for fans of Anne Golon, who expect a rendition true to the novel this might be a somewhat irritating aspect. If my opinion on this thing is concerned, I think that films are always adaptations and works of their own. But that's up to everybody's personal preferences, of course. Coming to the quality of the original script, I can't say here anything, because I have watched the film in a translated version.

The main strength of this production and people, who carry it on their shoulders are the two magnificent main actors: Nora Arnezeder as Angélique and Gérard Lanvin as her husband Joffrey de Peyrac.

To me Nora Arnezeder was the ideal choice for Angélique, she not only acted very naturally in this complex role and showed the character just like she was in the books by Anne Golon, as a strong, intelligent and independent young woman, but also looked exactly like I pictured Angélique when I read the books and had her aristocratic and fresh beauty. Coming to Gérard Lanvin, I had, before watching the film, my doubts concerning his age (in the book Angélique is 17 and Joffrey 29 years old, whereas in the new movie Angélique's age remains unchanged, but Joffrey is forty years older than her), but from the moment I saw his performance my doubts completely disappeared. For he played the character with great sensitivity, charm and charisma and made Joffrey de Peyrac a true grand seigneur that this personage was in the novel.

Strangely enough, the big age difference between Angélique and Joffrey wasn't palpable at all and their love story very credible. I was indeed very surprised by this, for I thought that an age difference that big would be impossible to bridge, but Nora Arnezeder and Gérard Lanvin have done the impossible.

Furthermore, there are in particular two very moving scenes, among quite many of that kind, where Nora Arnezeder and Gérard Lanvin reach the height of acting skill: the scene where Joffrey is arrested and says goodbye to Angélique and the scene, in which Angélique visits Joffrey in the Bastille. These moments brought tears to my eyes and I have never experienced that before when watching a movie!

Also worth mentioning is the beautiful scene where Angélique and Joffrey make love for the first time. It was very sensual, but also full of tenderness and the viewer could feel the budding love between Angélique and Joffrey. Kudos to the director of photography, Peter Zeitlinger, to whom I will come later, who filmed that scene aesthetically and in good taste.

The nature of the relationship between Angélique and Joffrey progresses however differently than in the book, i.e. Angélique realizes only much later what her husband really means to her.

Coming to the visual side of the film, what is especially noteworthy to me is the fantastic photography by Peter Zeitlinger, shot almost entirely with the use of natural light and strongly reminding the viewer of the paintings of the Baroque masters.

In my praise I would like mention the enchanting music by Nathaniel Méchaly, which added much to the atmosphere of the production and to which I could listen with great pleasure, even with no picture, only with headphones on.

To sum things up, I think that "Angélique" is a beautiful, engaging and immensely romantic rendition of the "Beauty and the Beast" fairy tale motive.

I wish there would be more of this film either as a sequel for cinema or, if a sequel were impossible, as an extended version for television e. g. in two parts, if only to delight in Nora Arnezeder’s and Gérard Lanvin’s performances and actor’s chemistry as well as Peter Zeitlinger’s stunning images, because the work of these three people alone is worth every existing prestigious film prize.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 17:38 

Official Page of the Movie by Monafilm with text in English, movie trailer and

a great photo-gallery

http://monafilm.tv/en/movie/angeliqueengl

Trailer with english subtitels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6cFA0u5_Io

For those who do like the movie they can download english subtitles.

malgga wrote:

..... if only to delight in Nora Arnezeder’s and Gérard Lanvin’s performances and actor’s chemistry as well as Peter Zeitlinger’s stunning images, because the work of these three people alone is worth every existing prestigious film prize.

here I can just agree :ok:

Nora Arnezeder and Gérard Lanvin were good pick - but sorry the mask of Gerard, who is a good looking and charismatic
man was terrible - it does not look like scares :scarface: :disagreement: like wrinkles of a very old man :agree:
he would look much better if they made him scares like described in the book :roll:

there are some great scenes in the movie (I will later tell more about them)

but because I love the books - I find the plot of this movie very low level when I do compare with the plot of the book -
and the dialogues as well -some of them are really stupid (I did listen to them in 3 different languages)

I find as well that the people who do know some palaces of very rich men, like Joffrey de Peyrac, in France of 17th century
for the example Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte (Nicolas Fouquet) they would just laugh what the movie does try to sell to us like a château of the Comte of Toulouse :o Exteriors but interiors as well ...

I have to admit that I find some of the costumes in the movie are very beautiful, although historical incorrect.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 18:42 

There is a scene where are Angelique and Joffrey in the woods - and than we can hear disturbing
sound of the carriages of the King :king: and his companyof courtiers and servants comming ....

brilliant scenery - it feels like that sound of the carriages is starting to destroy future of Angelique & Joffrey

here a picture about when the King did arrive to the château of the Comte de Peyrac

PS: it is just linked from the page of the Monafilm

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2017, 19:08 
Chevalier
Chevalier

When it comes to the costumes, they to me they look "inspired" by the fashion of the 1650's and 1660's, i.e. from a distance and during the first watching they seem historically correct, but when you look closer and watch the film repeatedly, you notice that they were clearly recycled from other films and not enough money was put into their creation (This is is visible e.g in Angelique's red dress you have shown on a screen cap. The costume designer should have provided Angelique with a chemise, showing above her cleavage. Also the lapels on both sides of the stomacher look weird.), which is really a shame, because if they were like the ones in "Versailles", they would accentuate the very good looks of both leading actors.

Concerning the interiors of French castles in the mid 17th century, I can't say anything, because I have never been in them.

And speaking of the dialogues, to me they are generally o.k.
You are however right that in two cases they are really stupid: First, there is the line where Nicolas says to Angelique" "You were in coma". In the 17th century nobody knew what a coma was. "You were unconscious" would be a much better choice there. Second, there is the line where Joffrey says to Angelique "You are a Madonna made for love". How one can associate Virgin Mary with physical love is really beyond me. Replacing "Madonna" with "goddess" would have saved this line from stupidity easily.
Why Ariel Zeitoun or Philippe Blasband, the two screenwriters of "Angelique", didn't think about these two problematic issues, which were easy to solve, is a mystery.