It is currently 05 Dec 2019, 22:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2015, 22:07 

Angélique, the Road of the Hope = Angélique, la Route de l'Espoir

Fort Wapassou, located in the heart of Maine, was for Angelique and her husband after their meeting a place, where they had side by side to overcome the first fateful test. (...) It had been a beautiful clear day and now sun slowly fell down. When Angelique looked around, she shivered, but not only because it got colder. In the golden rays of the setting sun, the magnificent autumn landscape seemed strangely naked and exposed. The sinking sun disc faded. All Indians had left the settlement of white man. They waved to them from the top of the hill, while the last figures skirted the lake and disappeared toward the grey of the woods. Their image reflected in the water, already covered with faint icy crust, swam the silhouettes to an infinite variety of gloomy shadows.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Angelique the journey of Hope - Angélique, la Route de l'Espoir – Translated from Czech and German

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2015, 21:52 

Raimond-Roger and Gloriandre
Angelique wanted to have a child with Joffrey.... how she was surprised when she could feel under her fingers two little heads... :ach:

Here a conversation few days after the birth of the twins.

“My secrets I will tell only you my lady” He said. “You and the young Druidesses.”
This was how the old man called Ruth and Naomi, who had been working together in a partnership, for to save not only the life of Angelique de Peyrac, but as well the fragile life of wonderful twins Raimond-Roger and Gloriandre.

"Why did you give them these names?" Angelique wanted to know.
As far as she could remember, she had never talked about the choice of a name for the unborn baby. The day of his birth seemed to be so far away. Angelique suspected that Joffrey wanted a daughter, and did thinking about the name Eleanor. She did not think at all about a boy name.
Her husband described to her how it happened that he chose these names in the very first moment they came into the world…..

Gloria was the first name of the Roman Catholic midwife who did for “the poor woman“ the best she was able to do. They believed the two children were going to pass away soon and it was therefore a case for an emergency baptism.
The delivery nurse did know that there were all Roman Catholic like her in the Peyrac family, and baptized the little girl Gloriandre, while urging Monsieur de Peyrac to give the boy a name of his choice.
"When I saw on the head of the little one a kind of golden glow, I had to think on Raimon-Roger de Castillion. He was one of the greatest fighter against the barbarians from the north, during the extermination of the Albigenses," Peyrac said. "He was a brave man, and it seemed to me that the "Red Count" as they called him, the hero of my region, will take this fragile being under his protection. Therefore I spoke his name."
Gloriandre is the Occitan modification of name Gloria. One day, when she grows up, he would tell her the story tied to it.

----------------------------------------------
Translated from German

Profile Send private message