It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 08:27

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 May 2015, 11:32 

My comparing of Books Angelique

Because I do speak eight languages, and I can read and understand even in more languages, I could very well compare all the different editions of Angelique books in the different languages in all the different countries.
Madame Golon deserves it to have her work republished in English, in the form of the "Integrale" and as well in German because there are huge parts missing, even in the books from new world. (But in the first books pf the German series are parts, which were again deleted from the French series, pure chaos! )
Shame on the all of the publisher in the countries who did delete from books of AG so many parts. They are showing huge disrespect to the artistic works. Because of the editors, very often the reader is not able follow the line of the story anymore. We in easter countries (I was born in Czechoslovakia) were quite lucky. There are just few parts missing. So I try to make, for myself, the mosaic from all books in the different languages and put them together in a whole “Integrale serie”. I hope so much that the publishing of Angelique Integrale will continue. Now I am reading the Integrale book number 7. "War in laces" in Russian.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2015, 19:57 

Did you know, that the oldest German edition is the only edition in which Angelique on her way from
King's Wedding in Saint Jean de Luz to Paris (after Joffrey did disappear) visited the palace of
Fouquet, Vaux le Vicomte? :agree:

This part sadly did not appear in the Integrale Editions.

It is a small chapter, maybe I will translate it one day for the English readers. ;)

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2016, 14:07 

There are some parts of the old books, which did in new Integrale Version, whatever the reason was, disappear from the books. One of them is Angelique calling Joffrey names at the wedding celebration in Toulouse:

She was whatever quite unable to turn her face toward the Comte de Peyrac, and realizing how odd this attitude must seem, she concentrated all her attention on her other neighbor, the Archbishop.
He leaned toward her, and the cabochons of his episcopal cross flashed with a mauve sparkle.
“A woman can be all-powerful,” he repeated. “but, between you and me Madame, you have chosen a rather odd husband.”
I have chosen....thought Angelique ironically. Did my father even lay his eyes on this horrid jumping-jack?

In Italian it is for example Buratino.

here in all the different languages:

English:
I have chosen....thought Angelique ironically. Did my father even lay his eyes on this horrid jumping-jack?

German:
»Hat mein Vater ein einziges Mal diesen grässlichen Hampelmann gesehen?

Italian:
“Ho scelto...” pensava Angelica ironicamente. “Mio padre aveva visto almeno una volta questo orrendo burattino? Ne dubito. Papà mi amava sinceramente.

Czech:
Vybrala, pomyslela si Angelika ironicky. Viděl vůbec otec aspoň jednou toho strašlivého tajtrlíka? Pochybuju.

Slovakian:
Vybrala som si…hútala Angelika z iróniou… bohvie či otec aspoň raz videl tú desnú figúru.

French :
« J'ai choisi..., pensait Angélique avec ironie. Mon père avait-il vu une seule fois cet affreux pantin ?
J'en doute. Père m'aimait sincèrement.

Croatian:
Izabrala.. pomislila je Anñelika zajedljivo. Je moj otac bar jednom vidio ovu groznu lutku? Sumnjam da jest.

Russian :
«Я выбрала, — с грустной иронией подумала Анжелика. — Интересно, видел ли мой отец
хоть раз этого ужасного паяца?

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2016, 01:10 
Chevalier
Chevalier

Portuguese edition:

"Escolhi...", pensou Angélique, com ironia. "O meu pai terá visto uma única vez este hediondo palhaço?"

She's calling him an hideous clown. x)

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 21:57 

The hard Question is which Version should we call "ORIGINAL" version.

Normally, we should do it by the French books, because it is the original language, in which would
AG write the novel, but because as she said there were cut away parts of the book
(in any of the languages another part, so I try to bring together a puzzle)
and somebody made there as well some irrational changes - I must admit the most complete books are
Italian & Croatian first editions, and in some way the very first book of the German Editions. (1 year before the first
French book)

Sadly already in French "Original" editions are missed (and changed)some parts.

For example:

The very first German book is telling us about:

Here is burried Conan Becher, who did die on the last day in the month February 1661.

(later in some of Angelique books, as well in French they are telling us it was end of March, which is incorect, as we proved with a books timeline!)